Location: Sauk Rapids, MN
Req# 6039 -6040; 6046-6051
Various Shifts Available
Precision machining is Ichor Precision Machining’s heritage and core strength. Formerly known as Talon Innovations, IPM's skilled and dedicated employees deliver the most complex, extreme tolerance, and superior surface finish components at unsurpassed quality levels. Joining the team at IPM means working with dedicated, highly skilled employees that drive continuous improvement and ensure we deliver superior results to our customers. IPM is excited to share that we are now a part of the Ichor Systems family of companies. Ichor is headquartered in Fremont, California with manufacturing locations in Minnesota, Florida, Oregon, Texas, Singapore, Malaysia and the UK. Our sales and engineering office is strategically located in Silicon Valley, California.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications using various measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers, and depth micrometers. Familiarity with CMM, GD&T, and SPC.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Complete the necessary paperwork and computer entry steps.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-year machining degree preferred
Desired Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Must have 3+ years of experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Ichor Precision Machining (IPM) is an ITAR-compliant operation. Due to ITAR regulations, Ichor Systems is only able to employ US Persons. A US person is a lawful permanent resident (immigrant with “green card” permanent authorization to work document) or who is a protected individual (a citizen, a national, a refugee, or a person granted asylum). Individuals with temporary visas are not eligible for hire.
Ichor Systems provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Ichor Systems will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.