Location: Sauk Rapids, MN
Shift: 2nd and 3rd
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications using various measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers, and depth micrometers. Familiarity with CMM, GD&T, and SPC.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Complete the necessary paperwork and computer entry steps.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-year machining degree preferred
Desired Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Must have 3+ years of experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent